You can use the information below to help you provide relevant information when completing the FREED referral form.
On this page you can find the major criteria for each eating disorder diagnosis, adapted from ICD-10 and DSM-5. You can also refer to the SCOFF questionnaire - a screening tool used for detecting eating disorders.
Please read the information below before proceeding.
Low BMI (<18.5kg/m2) due to restriction of energy intake
Fear of fatness or weight gain
- Significant body image disturbance
Usually normal weight
Regular binge eating (>3 months duration) with compensatory behaviours, such as vomiting, laxatives, or excessive exercise
- Body image disturbance or weight concerns
Binge Eating Disorder
Often overweight or obese
Regular binge eating (>3 months duration) with associated distress
- No regular compensatory behaviours
Other specified feeding or eating disorder (OSFED)
Replaces the previously used term of ED not otherwise specified (EDNOS)
Includes AN, BN and BED of low frequency and/or limited duration, Purging Disorder and Night Eating Syndrome
- Do you make yourself sick because you feel uncomfortably full?
- Do you worry you have lost control over how much you eat?
- Have you recently lost one stone in a three-month period?
- Do you believe yourself to be fat when others say you are thin?
- Would you say that food dominates your life?
If you have consulted the above information and wish to submit a referral, please proceed by clicking the button below.